About Elmira Mennonite
As a congregation, we gather to worship God
- We are a welcoming, intergenerational, supportive community of believers from various backgrounds. God is at the centre of our community. We emphasize peace and reconciliation.
- On Sunday mornings at 9:30 am we gather for worship. Following the service, we have coffee and fellowship. The education hour, for all ages, begins at 11 am. Visitors are welcome for some or all of the morning.
- Music is a big part of our worship and comes in various forms including a cappella, four-part harmony, or a worship band.
- Here is a link to more information about our worship.
We gather to teach and to nurture each other
- We have programs for all ages and various interests including: Vacation Bible School (VBS), Jr. Youth for grades 6-8, Youth programs for grade 9-12+, adult Bible study, weekly prayer group, men’s coffee group, social groups, and a women’s group that meets for devotions and to quilt together.
We want to share God’s love to our community and the world in practical, helpful ways
- We strive to be good stewards of our environment.
- We are involved in the local community as a church and as individuals in the church.
- We partner with other organizations to provide for the needs in the world.
- For more information about our work in the community and in the world, go to this link http://www.elmiramennonite.ca/322-2/
Who we are and what we believe
- We are Mennonites. See http://www.elmiramennonite.ca/frequently-asked-questions/ for more information about Mennonites.
- We believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit as one God. We believe that Jesus died, rose from the dead, and ascended into heaven. We read and study the Holy Bible as our scriptures. We are pacifists, meaning that seek peaceful alternatives to violence and do not serve in war, choosing instead to be conscientious objectors. The Confession of Faith in a Mennonite Perspective has more specific details about what we believe. https://www.mennolink.org/doc/cof/
- We have a three-pastor team that works with female and male lay leaders and volunteers to carry out the many programs of our church. Click here for more information about our pastors.
- Elmira Mennonite Church started on August 31st 1924. Click here for more information about our history.